Ging Gang Gool Ging Gang Gool
So far to date this blog has explored how to bake gf/cf stuff and ingredients. Yesterday I took one of my all time favorite recipes and made it gf/cf/sf! The original recipe came from a book about spices, I think it was called "creative cooking with spices" or something like that, but I have modified it over the years and feel it's my own by now!
Note: This recipe takes very little effort, but should be cooked for many hours to get the taste right, so don't be tempted to rush this. Make a big batch when you have time and freeze it ready to serve.
- 1 lb diced lamb pieces
- 1 organic onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes (I used whole plum ones, but diced are fine)
- 1 tin tomato puree
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (make sure it's gf/cf/sf)
- 1 green pepper cut into rings.
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1/2 pint stock (make sure it's gluten free)
- 3 tbsps paprika
- Fry the onion and garlic gently for a few minutes until the onions begin to brown.
- Add the diced lamb and cook fully
- Add the stock, Worcestershire sauce, tinned tomatoes and tomato puree all at once & bring to simmer.
- Reduce the heat and cook partially covered for a long time. 5 hours or more. Seriously. Do this properly and the meat will be soooo good. Keep an eye on the liquid to make sure it does not reduce too much.
- About 20 minutes before you want to serve the goulash add the coconut milk, lemon juice and paprika. Turn up the heat so the coconut milk heats and the sauce rethickens. - Note: Paprika has a very mild flavour, so you need to add a lot to register in the recipe.
- With about 10 to go add the green pepper.
This recipe can be made in large batches and frozen. If you're going to freeze it then don't add the pepper first.
P.S. There are no photos as this recipe doesn't last long enough in my house :-)