New Gluten Free, Dairy and Soya Free, yeast Free Bread!
Update * Update * Update * Update * Update * Update * Update
There is a newer version of this bread: http://sheps-gf-cf-sf-adventure.blogspot.com/2009/09/manna-from-heaven.html
Read on for the old recipe:
Ok, so we've had to rule out yeast based breads (unfortunately). The soda bread slices up too small to make decent toast.
I decided to take the accumulated knowledge of all our baking experience into making a decent, edible, toastable, white loaf.
This bread has a firm texture once cooked, but may seem a little moist. Don't worry, this will "cook" out during toasting.
The ingredients are simple, and it's a cinch to make and even though it's supposed to be toasted, Conor even eats the slices untoasted.
- 450g GF/CF flour mix (Rice:Potato:Tapioca in ration 4:1:1)
- 400 ml non-dairy milk (I use hemp milk)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tsps xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Centigrade
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- Add milk and eggs
- Mix until the mixture forms a batter
- Pour into a 1 pound loaf tin
- Smooth off the top and place a shallow + in the top
- Cook for 35-40 minutes until browned (slightly) on top.