Wow - These are Amazing!
Righty-ho. There are certain things that i just thought that Conor would never get to eat again. Pop tarts in that category. Now thanks to the wonderful recipes of a lady called Pam over here: http://beyondthewheat.blogspot.com/2009/06/gluten-free-pop-tarts.html poptarts are back on.
Oh yes, they're on!
- 2 1/4 Cups GF flour
- 4 tsps xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup / 6 oz dairy free margarine (I use Stork)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water.
- Jam or other filling.
- Preheat oven to 190 Degrees Centigrade
- Mix the flour and xanthan gum
- Cut in the Marg and mix to a consistency of breadcrumbs
- Mix in egg until it's fully combined.
- Add the water all at once and mix to a frim, but not wet dough.
- Pinch off a ping pong sized ball
- Roll out flat on greese proof paper to about double the size of a pop tart
- Use a pizza roller or knife to cut of the rough edges
- Add the jam to one half and smooth out
- Fold over and crimp edges with a fork
- Bake for 18 minutes