These are GF/CF and yeast free too
The recipe is adapted form one I found here.
These turned out really nice.
Incredible in fact.
Definitely try this recipe!
- 1/2 cup milk - I used hemp milk
- 3/4 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup shelled organic hemp
- 1/2 cup rice flour (or gf/cf flour)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs - split into yokes and whites
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (plus 1/2 teaspoon for the baggie)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Herbs to taste (I used dried chives)
- Preheat oven to 22 degrees centigrade
- Mix the dry ingredients and herbs
- Add all the wet ingredients except the egg yokes at once
- Beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes
- Put some oil on a non stick baking sheet
- Put some oil in a plastic bag and spoon the batter in
- Cut the corner off the bag and working quickly pipe the batter onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 13-14 minutes
- Beat the left over egg yokes
- Remove from oven and glaze with the egg yoke you saved from earlier
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Return to oven for another 4-5 minutes