Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gram Bread for Machine Baking

Gram Flour Bread Machine Flour.

So...I'm no expert on this stuff, but I think it's lower GI and contains more protein.

I found the recipe somewhere on the internet and emailed the text of it to myself, so sorry to the author who I can't credit.

This is not my work, but it's light and fluffy and toasts really well.

It makes a 1.5 lb loaf.



Ingredients

  • 1 1/8 cup Chickpea Flour (Weird measure, eh? 1/8 of a cup is 2 tablespoons) or 160g
  • 1 cup cornstarch or 130g
  • 1 cup + 1 Tbs.Tapioca Flour (Another weird measure, go figure) 150g
  • 3 1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gumor or Guar Gum (I used Xanthan Gum) 10g
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt - 6g
  • 3 Tbs. brown sugar - 45g
  • 1/4 tsp. Ascorbic Acid (I had none :-(, but I'll try it with it next time)
  • 1 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
  • 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/8 cup warm water
  • 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
  • 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
Method
  • Combine first seven ingredients.
  • Mix together, eggs, water, and oil.
  • In a large capacity bread machine add dry ingredients, liquids and yeast in order recommended by manufacturer.
  • Bake using white bread setting and medium crust or your specific gluten-free program. (I used medium crust setting and found it a bit hard, I'll try light next)


By Hand (I never succeed by hand, haven't tried this). Beat together, dry ingredients, liquids and yeast. Transfer to a lightly oiled 9-x-5-inch loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise to the top of the pan. Bake 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.

Shep! Stumble Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment